We Need You to Join the Succession Leadership Plan
What is the Succession Leadership Plan:
The KHIMA Succession Leadership Plan is about identifying and grooming future leaders within the Kansas CSA (Component State Association) and helping them to gain experience and familiarity in the inner workings of the KHIMA leadership roles. This will help them to gain the skills necessary to assume such roles within KHIMA. Those leadership roles include committee co-chairs, committee chairs, Delegate, President-Elect, President and other positions within the chapter state association.
Who is eligible to join the Succession Leadership Plan:
All active members of KHIMA are eligible, and/or students who are in a CAHIIM accredited program.
What are the Benefits of Volunteering for the Succession Leadership Plan:
- Gaining a state or national perspective on issues facing the profession
- Sharing your view and experience with peers
- Enhancing your leadership skills and abilities
- Strengthening your professional network
- Becoming more valuable to your current employer and more marketable to potential employers
- Establishing new personal friendships that last a lifetime
What are the Responsibilities:
- Learn about KHIMA by reviewing bylaws, strategic plan and policy, and procedures
- Attend monthly virtual KHIMA Board Meetings
- Perform any tasks requested by the KHIMA Board
- Participate on one KHIMA Committee during the term (1-year)
Annually, up to four (4) members of AHIMA/KHIMA will be selected as Succession Plan
members. The term for the members will be upon notification, through June 30, 2019.
So please complete the nomination link on your behalf and/or others. Come join us in
creating the future direction of KHIMA and help us lead the organization into the future.
2018-2019 KHIMA President