Remote Inpatient Coder
Looking to take your Inpatient coding skills to the next level in your career? Come join CoxHealth’s Inpatient Coding Department as an experienced Remote Inpatient Coder!
We are seeking full-time inpatient coders with experience coding for a level one trauma and teaching hospital. This inpatient coder will code high-level, complex inpatient records remotely from their home office.
Located in Springfield, MO, CoxHealth is a six-hospital, locally owned, not-for profit organization. We are a diverse network of medical professionals caring for the Ozarks. Through our five pillars- community, people, quality, business, and service, our more than 11,000 employees are improving the well-being of each community served through health care, education, and research. Voted Best Place to Work by the readers of 417 Magazine for the second consecutive year. Find out more about CoxHealth here.
- Must have the analytical ability to interpret data contained in medical records and assign appropriate codes for accurate reimbursement.
- Expert knowledge in ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS (Inpatient Coding) classification systems.
- Expert knowledge of DRG reimbursement.
- Expert knowledge of POA and HAC assignments.
- Ability to work under high production standards and minimal supervision due to tenure in Inpatient coding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effectively.
- Demonstrates competency with use of computers and various computer programs.
- Visual acuity necessary to read and decipher handwriting and electronic documentation.
- 5 years coding experience with a coding certificate (listed below) or completion of Cox Health HIM Coding Training Program with a coding certificate.
- RHIT / RHIA OR CCS, CPC, CIC or COC with 5 years of experience (experience not required with completion of internal training program – see above)
- Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Required: Completion of Coding Program
- Full-Time flexible 40 hours work week. Fully remote position
- Competitive salary
- Earned Time Off (ETO) starting day one
- AHIMA/AAPC CEU opportunities
- Reference materials
- Access to a full-time education team
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,200 per year
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life & disability insurance
- Retirement with employer match
- Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for certain positions
- Sign on bonus up to $5,000, based on experience
- Relocation paid up to $3,000
Instructions for Resume Submission: