KHIMA On-Demand Webinar with Lynn Kuehn – Genitourinary Procedure Coding in ICD-10-PCS
Attend this session to learn about genitourinary procedures and how the 2023 additions to the PCS code set make coding easier for some GU procedures. This presentation will clarify the details on assigning reconstruction of GU structures using isolated segments of intestines, including correctly coding isolated segment bypasses. We’ll also cover hand-assisted procedures and many procedures performed on the Urinary, Male and Female Reproductive Systems.
After the training today, attendees be able to:
- Identify the body parts assigned to the genitourinary systems of Urinary, Male and Female Reproductive.
- Apply the definitions of the devices and qualifiers unique to these systems.
- Apply knowledge of root operations to procedures performed and identify procedure details that support the root operation decisions for these systems.
- Analyze operative report documentation to correctly assign all ICD-10-PCS characters for codes associated with the genitourinary systems.
Data Structure, Content and Information Governance
- AHIMA/KHIMA Member – $25.00
- Non-Member – $40.00
- Student – $10.00
Registration will close at 11:59 PM CT on July 1, 2023.