Inpatient Coder/Tumor Registry
William Newton Hospital
William Newton Hospital is located approximately 45 miles south of Wichita Kansas. William Newton Hospital is a full service critical access hospital with 23 active staff physicians, 24 hour Emergency Department physician coverage and a 24 hour Hospitalist program.
William Newton Hospital is seeking a full time Inpatient coder and Tumor Registrar. The coding position is responsible for IP ICD-10 and Emergency department professional fee coding. This combination position including Tumor Registrar responsibilities will provide a variety in work responsibilities.
- Interprets documentation in the medical record to accurately assign appropriate ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure codes to Inpatient records.
- Ability to assign appropriate Evaluation and Management codes to emergency department professional services.
- Ability to work under productivity standards with minimal supervision.
- Determine necessity of queries and submit to physicians using appropriate clinical information.
- Monitor billing status to identify records requiring completion.
- Identify tumor cases which are submitted to the Tumor Registry.
- Abstract cases for Tumor Registry
- Serve as the expert for Tumor Registry identification and abstraction.
1 year Inpatient coding experience or other hospital coding experience
RHIT/RHIA or CCS, CPC, or CCA.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- William Newton Hospital offers an excellent benefit package:
- Medical/Dental insurance
- KPERS retirement
- Valic and Ameriprise Annuities
- Paid time off and extended illness benefit
- Aflac (Accident/Cancer/Short Term Disability)
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Employee write-off benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness programs
- Tuition reimbursement and scholarships
- Annual health assessment including lab and EKG
- Plus more!!
Instructions for Resume Submission:
To apply visit www.wnhcares.org