The Univeristy of Kansas Health System- Great Bend Campus
Supervises and manages coding staff (both on-site and off-site), medical records staff and the maintenance of the computerized medical records information in Paragon/McKesson with updates and testing; monitors Master Patient Index to reduce duplications.
Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Ensures provider’s records are complete; notification to provider on a weekly basis; and follows up to make sure record has been completed.
- Coordinates building, testing and maintenance of the health information management software system; and integrates all associated software systems with the health information management.
- Runs daily reports; matches patient duplications; and merges records.
- Provides positive leadership by fostering an environment of teamwork, open communication and customer service. Works closely with Billing/Patient Accounts Manager, Patient Registration Manager and Director of Finance to coordinate all Revenue Cycle activities.
- Develops policies, procedures and protocols to maintain standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provides leadership in problem-solving and team building; assists in creating short-term and long-range goals and objectives.
- Responsible for development of departmental operational and capital budgets.
- Assists with the human resources processes including interviewing and orientating staff, ongoing performance management and timekeeping/scheduling (and required documentation).
- Supervise the daily functions/operations of the department.
Associate degree in health information management or related degree or equivalent experience required; three to five years of experience in a hospital health information setting required. Three to five years of supervisor/manager experience.
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to understand and speak English
Associate degree in health information management or related degree or equivalent experience required.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Go to www.gbregional.com click “careers” this will take you to another site where you’ll search “Great Bend location” apply for desired position.