Community HealthCare System
Community HealthCare System (CHCS) is seeking a Coder to work in our dynamic health care system. This position is responsible for hospital coding, including inpatient, outpatient, ED, and surgical records, with potential for clinic and Home Health coding. Successful applicants will be a certified coder or have their Registered Health Information Administrator(RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) certification. This position has the potential to work from home upon the candidate becoming fully competent as a coder. CHCS offers competitive pay and a complete benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.chcsks.org and click on “Careers” or contact Human Resources at 785-889-5030.
- Apply ICD and CPT coding guidelines by assigning diagnostic and procedural codes to clinic charts other various medical charts.
- Analyze charges on patients’ charts to verify charge matches service. After ensuring accuracy of charges enter data into software to drop the bill.
- Query physicians or review medical records to obtain additional information of denied claims. Re-code and abstract if necessary.
- Monitor billing status by running reports and obtaining needed medical records for coding and abstraction of bill.
- Supports and abides by the mission, values, and policies of CHCS in all activities.
- On-going compliance with CHCS educational requirements.
- All other duties as required.
Six months to one year related experience
Microsoft Suite Products Familiar with Encoder software
Certificates & License:
RHIT , CCS, or CPC
- Knowledge of appropriate coding guidelines
- Knowledge of modifiers – when to use and when not to use.
- Knowledge of denial and appeal process on claims
Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school)
Apply Online: http://www.chcsks.org