- Promotes professional development of its members & students through educational opportunities.
- Supports our National Association, The American Health Information Management Association “AHIMA” who:
- Provides career, professional development and practice resources.
- Sets standards for education and certification.
- Advocates public policy that advances HIM practice.
- Facilitates member communication.
- Promotes the contributions of its members.
….to be the recognized network of health information management professionals who provide members and external stakeholders with guidance, best practices, education, and advocacy.
Quality Healthcare by Advancing Health Information Best Practices
- Respect the opinions and diversity of our members and stakeholders.
- Deliver valued educational opportunities, services and products.
- Promote the public’s right to confidential and accurate health information.
- Encourage and celebrate the contributions of members
- Embrace the code of ethical health information management practices.
- Facilitate networking of health information professionals.
- Support our National Association, The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Proactively promote the technological advancement of health information systems that enhance the delivery of quality healthcare and exchange of quality health information.